Thursday 21 January 2016

This Girl Can Clothing Range*











                                                   All photos are taken by Nicole Marshall

I don’t even know where to start with this blog post apart from saying ‘I’M IN LOVE.’ When I was first asked if I wanted to try out items from the ‘This Girl Can’ sporting range from Marks & Spencer, I was so excited.

 Top: Marks & Spencer*
Bottom: Marks & Spencer*
Jacket: Marks & Spencer*
Shoes: Nike

If you’ve been living under a rock you might not have heard of ‘This Girl Can’. ‘This Girl Can’ is a national campaign by Sport England and local authorities aimed at increasing women’s participation in sport and exercise in an empowering way. I work for Active Newcastle, an organisation that is one of the core cities of ‘This Girl Can’ campaign and I have a big involvement as a ‘This Girl Can’ ambassador. I just love this campaign!

Here is the link for the advert for ‘This Girl Can’ in case you haven’t seen it.

Marks & Spencer recently launched the ‘This Girl Can’ clothing range after making a small range of t-shirts last year which sold out instantly. The sporting range includes various clothing items including leggings, t-shirts, vest, jackets and even a bag. The clothing has the signature ‘This Girl Can’ logo on it as well as the signature pink colouring.

I was given a pair of leggings, a t-shirt and a jacket to review.

The quality of the range is great; you can definitely tell it’s from a good quality high street store.  This week I trialled the jacket whilst on a run: personally I wouldn’t wear the jacket as running wear during this season, as it really isn’t thick enough for this weather. However, as a jacket for the gym, it’s great and perfect for the incoming spring. It has the signature black and pink colour with the logo on both the front and back.

I also received the long leggings, which are tight and have a thick band across the top. The leggings are thick material and definitely good for going out running or again going to the gym. You might have to size up since the material is quite thick. The t-shirt is a loose t-shirt style which is great for women who might not feel self-conscious while doing exercise. Though I’m not usually a fan of loose fitted t-shirts I do like this one. I think this will definitely be a regular as a gym item rather than a running top. It also has the ‘This Girl Can’ logo bright and big in the middle of the t-shirt.

As you can guess, I love this range and I might have to go out and get a few more of the items (particularly the pink sports bra that I’ve got my eye on!)

I’ll leave all the links for the ‘This Girl Can’ range and website below.

This Girl Can @ Marks and Spencer
This Girl Can Website

Leave me a comment telling me what your favourite item is and what you think of the ‘This Girl Can’ campaign.


These items were sent to met from Marks & Spencer. These thoughts are all my own and not influenced by anyone.
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig