Monday 21 December 2015

Last Run of the Year.

Source
Well, I've done my last run of the year. GO ME! If you had asked me this time last year if I would be able to do as much running as I do now I would have laughed in your face. This blog post is looking back on my small running achievement I've made this year.

When I look back I've achieved a lot more than I ever thought I would. Here is a list of the small and big running achievement I've made this year.

1. Boxing Day 2014 signed up to run the Great North Run for the Guide Dogs UK
2. New Years day ran my first full mile.
3. February I ran my first 3 miles in 41 minutes.
4.  July ran 3 times in one week.
5. August ran my furtherest ever run alone of 7 miles in 1 hour and 30 minutes
6. Started volunteering with Active Newcastle at there running clubs
7. September I ran THE GREAT RUN which is 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 50 minutes. Also raising £175 for Guide Dogs ( ONE OF MY GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT TO DATE)
8. December I did my Running Leadership course meaning that I can now official run my own running club.
9.  Through working with Active Newcastle I was able to helped 10 people do a full 10 week beginners running program meaning that they were able to run 3 miles at the end of the 10 weeks.
10. I've ran once a week every week for 5 months.

Can we please talk about how crazy that list is. It shocks me to see my own improvement let alone helping other people get into running. I've had massive ups and downs when it comes to running. Me and running had a love hate relationship but now I think it's more of a love relationship.

I've got a blog post going up soon about what I think about alone running vs group running and the difference it made to my running journey. Why not leave me a comment about what your biggest achievement of the year has been.
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig