Thursday 10 March 2016

The Songs That Just Keep You Going.

Photo Taken by Nicole Marshall


It was International Women's Day on Tuesday and last saturday Active Newcastle held there first This Girl Can Awards evening which was all about inspiring and making women feel empowered by other women. For the event I had to put together a list of songs together that women got empowered by or that motivated them to take part in exercise. I thought that the playlist would make a great blog post and here it is. The list below is full of different songs that a lot of women will related to for different reasons and some of these are my favourite songs to listen to.  

Heather Small - Proud
Alicia Keys - Girl on fire
Alicia Keys - A woman's worth
Lady Gaga - Born this way
Ellie Goulding - Army
Chaka Khan - I'm every woman
Jordin Sparks - I am women
Britney Spears - Stronger
Little Mix - Salute
Sara Bareilles - Brave
Kelly Clarkson - Stronger
Florence and The Machine - Dog days are over
Florence and The Machine - Shake it out
Colbie Caillat - Try
Selena Gomez - Who says
Katy Perry - Love Me
Aretha Franklin & Annie Lennox - Sisters are doing it for themselves
Demi Lovato - Confident
Jessie J - Flashlight
Rachel Platten - Fight song
Calvin Harris - Let's Go (ft Ne-Yo)
Katy Perry - Roar
David Guetta - Titanium (ft. Sia)
Taylor Swift - Shake it off
Leona Lewis - Fire under my feet

This is becoming one of my favourite playlists to listen to while pretty much doing everything.  In the gym its motivates me to keep going and even walking to work it get my head ready for the day. 

Why not tell me what your favourite motivationals are or what songs make you feel empowered?

SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig